YouTube has a lot of videos on its platform that users can watch for free. Several people make content and post it on the platform. People sometimes want to download the video content, though. Is it permitted to download YouTube videos from the platform, then? Is the million-dollar question. Let’s dive right into the details of the answer without spending any more time.
Can you download the video content from YouTube?
According to YouTube’s Terms of Service, you shouldn’t download any content, even if there is a download icon next to it. Also You are violating YouTube’s Terms of Service if you use a third-party application to download the content.
You might think that most videos don’t have a download button, but Youtube gives users “Fair Use” permission to use the content they find on their platform. You can use this policy to your advantage and download content only under certain conditions. The conditions are detailed here.
- Under the fair use policy, you must always give credit to the video’s owners when using protected content.
- If you use the downloaded YouTube videos, write “no copyright infringement intended.”
- The downloaded content from the YouTube platform can be used for review, research, instruction, commentary, and news reporting. Enjoy the platform’s benefits in this case because you won’t violate YouTube’s Terms of Service.In addition, the platform offers a few different kinds of videos that are open for download by the public. Let’s dive into the details.
Some people who make content give the public permission to use it. They have the right to copy and freely distribute it. While granting public users access to the content, the creators claim ownership using copyright.
In case a certain copyright claim has expired or fortified, then the content is available for public use as no party owns the content in the video. Users can download the content and even distribute it without any copyright issues.
It lets users use copyright-protected content however they want, but it keeps the same right for the content they make.
Here are the conditions under which you can download and use the content for your reasons. Now we’ll talk about the options for downloading the content. These are the best ways to download YouTube video content.
Top ways to download videos from Youtube
Use VLC media player
To download video content from the YouTube platform, you can use the VLC player. Ensure the content you download is in the public domain or that you use it by YouTube’s fair use policy. Most of the videos work with the method. But sometimes, you might get an error when downloading the content. This problem happens when a claim of copyright covers the content or is unavailable in your area. Here are all the steps you need to take to download videos from YouTube.
- Open YouTube in your web browser.
- Find the video you want to download to your device.
- Now, copy the URL into your browser’s address bar.
- Open your device’s VLC player. If you don’t have the player, you can get it for your device by downloading it.
- Now, in your VLC player, open Network Stream. You will find the option under the Media tab if you use a Windows PC. If you are using a Mac, you will find the “Open Network” option under the File tab.
- Copy the URL into the box, and then click “Play.” Get the most recent version of the VLC player in case you can’t play the video, and try again.
- You must open the tools tab, go to Codec Information, and copy the URL while playing the video.
- Now, open your browser again and paste the URL. You have the option to save the video to your device while you are watching it.
Use any downloader software
You can use any paid or free video downloader for Mac or Windows PC to download content from the YouTube platform.
The general steps to download video content from YouTube using these apps or tools are listed below.
- Open your web browser and go to YouTube.
- Find and copy the URL of the video you want to download.
- Now, open the app or software you use to download and paste the URL into it. There might be an option to choose the video quality you want to download.
- Connect on the download option and wait for the process to finish.
Different apps may have a different number of steps, but the main process will always be the same.
YouTube’s Premium Subscription, which costs $ 11.99$ per month, lets you download and watch content without an internet connection. The platform gives you a free month to try it out. You only have to pay $6 each to add up to five screens to your plan if you want to add a screen.
The best way to enjoy a movie is to watch it on Netflix. The only way to know if you’re doing something right is to check the website. If YouTube finds that you are violating the platform’s terms and conditions, it may stop you from using its services.