How to Turn TikTok Captions Off. Video captions are an essential accessibility tool for people who are deaf or hard of hearing. They can also be helpful when users can’t hear or use the video’s audio. But only a small number of people need this function. Also, many people find the captions annoying because they can cut out parts of the video they are watching. If you don’t need the captions, it’s easy to turn them off in the app.
How to Turn Off TikTok Captions on an Android Device
Auto-generated captions can occasionally be wrong, which makes them more annoying than helpful. If this is the case, you can turn off the captions on the video you’re watching in two easy steps.
- The captions can be tapped.
- Click “Hide captions.”
After that, the video will keep playing without any captions. But in one part of your screen, you’ll see a small rectangle. If you change your mind, tap the rectangle to turn the captions back on.
Some users have said that they can’t turn off the captions on the video in a straightforward way. If so, the only way to get rid of the captions is to turn them off in the app’s settings. But keep in mind that this will turn off captions for all videos in the app, not just the ones you are watching.
To turn off automatic captions on all TikTok videos, do the following:
- Then, in the bottom right corner of your screen, tap the “Profile” icon.
- Press the Menu icon at the top right.
- Select “Settings and Privacy” from the pop-up menu.
- Under “Content & Activity,” scroll down to “Accessibility.”
- Turn off the “Always show captions” option.
You won’t have to turn off captions on every video you watch. But you’ll still be able to see the rectangle that says the video has captions.
How to Turn Off TikTok Captions on an iPhone
When you have to scroll through your “For You” page on TikTok without the volume on, auto-captions can help. But when the volume is turned up, the captions might get in the way of an important part of the video. Here’s what you need to do to turn off the captions:
- First, select the captions by tapping the grey text box.
- Choose “Hide captions.”
The captions will disappear from the screen, leaving a smaller grey box. Tap on that box to turn the captions back on.
Hiding captions on a specific video may prevent them from appearing when you continue to scroll through content. The captions will be available again when you leave the app and return. Follow these steps to turn off captions completely:
- Then, click the “Profile” icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- At the top right, click the Menu button.
- Hit “Settings and privacy” from the pop-up menu.
- Go to the “Content & Activity” tab.
- Select “Accessibility.”
- Turn off the “Always show auto-generated captions” option.
How to Turn Off TikTok Captions on a PC
The TikTok web client is a great way to watch short videos on the site that are always fun. But the mobile app version of TikTok has more features than the website version.
On a PC, you can’t, among other things, turn off the captions that come with all videos. But you can turn them off for the video you are watching at the moment. What you should do is:
- Click on the captions.
- Hit “Hide Captions.”
Now you can continue browsing through your For You page without any distraction.
How to Turn Off TikTok Captions on an iPad
The TikTok web client is a great option to watching the platform’s short video clips, which are always entertaining. But only some of the tools of the mobile app are on the TikTok website.
On a PC, you can’t, among other things, turn off the automatic creation of comments for every video.
But you can turn them off while you are watching a video. This is what you should do:
- Tap on one of the captions as it appears on the screen.
- Click on the “Hide captions” bubble that appears above the captions.
Now, the captions will go away, and a small rectangle will show on the side of the video in their place. Also you can turn the captions back on at any time by tapping on that rectangle.
You might need help to do this to turn off the captions. You could also turn off the captions for every video, not just the one you just watched. Fortunately, there is a straightforward approach that can be taken.
- At the bottom right, tap the “Profile” icon.
- Choose the Menu button in the top right corner.
- On the pop-up menu, select “Settings and privacy.”
- To the “Content & Activity” tab, scroll.
- Select “Accessibility.”
- The “Always show automatically generated captions” option should be turned off.
Every step toward making things more accessible and open to everyone is a step in the right way. The captioning feature is a great addition to TikTok because of this. Users who don’t need this feature can quickly turn it off in the app’s settings or on the captioned video itself.
Have you tried to turn the comments off in TikTok? Which method did you employ? In the area below, please tell us what you think.