How to View Your Watch History in TikTok. Users of TikTok know what it’s like to watch an exciting video on TikTok, press the wrong button, and lose it. You may wonder how to see your watch history and return to your video in those circumstances. Fortunately, there is a way out!
This article will show you different ways to view your video history and what you can do consistently to have your favorite videos available.
How to See Your Watch History in TikTok on the iPhone App
Unlike other social apps, TikTok lacks a “Watch History” button. But there is a way to access your history. You can request your data file from TikTok. This file has information about your TikTok account, including your bio, comment history, followers list, login history, likes list, settings, etc. It also has a list of videos you’ve watched called “Video Browsing History.”
To view your TikTok watch history, follow these instructions: Request a data file:
- Then, go to your profile by opening the “TikTok” app.
2. Tap “Privacy” after tapping the three lines in the top right corner.
3.”Personalization and data” should be selected.
4. Select “Download your data.”
5. At the bottom, tap the “Request data” button.
6. You’ll receive a data request confirmation. To view the status of your request, tap the “Download data” tab. “Pending” means TikTok is still in the process of processing your request. Most of the time, it takes about 24 hours..
7. Select “Download” when the file is ready. You’ll be taken back to your browser.
8. Log in to your TikTok account. You might be asked to verify it.
9. Select “Download” in the new window that pops up to confirm.
10. Using your default file manager, the downloads are compressed. If your iPhone doesn’t have a zip app, you can transfer it to your computer and open it there.
11. When you open the zip file, you’ll see several.txt files. Open the “Video Browsing History” folder.
12. The list in the file has the date, time, and link to each video. You can watch any video in your browser by using copy and pasting.
Note: Your TikTok data file is available for up to four days. After that, the file disappears, and you must send another request.
How to See Your Watch History in TikTok on the Android App
The TikTok Android app is very similar to the iOS version. To view your watch history on TikTok, you must request it. This process can take up to 24 hours.
Here’s how to download your TikTok data on Android to view your history:
- First, go to your profile by opening the “TikTok” app.
2. Select “Settings and privacy” by tapping the “three lines” in the upper right corner.
3. Select “Privacy.”
4. Select “Personalization and data.”
5. “Download your data” should be selected.
6. Tap the button that says “Request data.”
7. By tapping on the “Download data” tab, you can see the current status of the process and receive a message from the app letting you know that your request has been received. When the file is ready, click “Download” to save your TikTok data.
8. You can access the file in “My Files” or “Files” after downloading it. If you can’t open it on your phone, send it to yourself via email or Wi-Fi LAN and use your computer to access it.
9. There are several text files in the zip file. Choose “History of Videos Viewed.” When you open it, you’ll see all the videos you’ve watched, with the date, time, and a link. Copy and paste the links into your browser.
How to View Your Watch History in TikTok on a PC
The simplest way to view your watched history on TikTok is likely to download your data to a PC.
On Windows, Mac, Linux, Chromebook, etc., follow the steps below to download your TikTok data.
- Go to TikTok after opening your preferred browser.
2. Select “Settings” by tapping the “Profile” icon in the upper right corner.
3. In the “Privacy” section, click “Data.”
4. Click on the “Request data” button after making sure “TXT” is selected in the “Select file format” section.
5. To view the status of your request, click the “Download data” tab.
6. Download and unzip your data from the same webpage once it is available (be patient).
7. To view all videos you watched or partially saw, find the “View Browsing” text file.
With millions of new videos uploaded daily, TikTok can take time to track. Even though TikTok doesn’t have a “Watch History” feature, there are a few ways to watch your favorite videos again, especially those you lost while watching.
How do I find a video that I commented on?
You can’t just go to a video someone else has commented on TikTok because it doesn’t have an activity feature like Facebook. But there are still ways to find that video (aside from the methods above).
When you leave a comment on someone’s TikTok video, other people will likely see it and like it or reply to it. Fortunately, you’ll be informed when they do. If you tap the message icon at the bottom of the TikTok app, you can tap on the video to the right.
Getting back to that video is easy if you get a notification. You can search for it using the Discover feature, go to the profile of the person who posted it, or follow the steps above to look through your Watch history.
Why isn’t my watch history showing up?
It’s possible that you had trouble connecting to the internet. It’s also possible that TikTok’s servers were down when you watched the video. Unfortunately, there is no good way to know for sure.