Using online proxy servers to secure your online identity is one of the many ways Telegram lets you improve your privacy.
If you are in an area where Telegram is prohibited, you can easily get around the restriction by using a proxy server, provided you know how to do it.
We are going to learn what proxy servers are. Next, we’ll talk about how to use proxy servers to keep your online identity safe on both the mobile and PC versions of Telegram.
What is Telegram Proxy Server?
Telegram is a worldwide app with millions of users who talk to each other through direct messages, Telegram groups, and channels. Security is the main advantage of using Telegram. Users of Telegram can rest assured that their communications are private and secure thanks to the platform’s design.
Unfortunately, using Telegram in their area is prohibited for some users in other places. In these situations, it’s helpful to have a way to get around the restriction and still use Telegram.
Devices can hide and fake their IP address at a different location with the help of a server. You can choose which location should be shown as your IP address when you connect Telegram to a proxy server.
This protects what you do online and gets around Telegram’s geographical restrictions. Telegram’s website features two proxy servers that you can utilize, making things even better. I used SOCKS 5 and MTProto.
You can set them up to help hide your location when using Telegram, and they are both available from your account.
Using a proxy server will also assist you gain an extra layer of security for your link.
The proxy server will help secure your data, providing you with the assurance to send private and critical messages through Telegram.
How to Use Proxy Servers in Telegram?
Telegram can be used on more than one computer. With either the PC or mobile version of Telegram, you can use a proxy server with it.
Using Telegram Mobile
The major steps listed below will apply whether you are using an iPhone or an Android.
- Start up the Telegram phone app.
- Connect the hamburger icon in the top-right corner of Telegram to open the menu.
- Tap “Settings” on the menu.
- As the next option, tap “Data and storage.”
- Click on “Proxy settings” when you’ve located it.
- Click the “Add Proxy” button on the next page.
- Join the IP address and port number of the proxy server you wish to use.
- Type in the server’s username and password, then click the box to confirm and save the changes.
There is an online proxy server set up for you by Telegram. To ensure that your proxy server is active and working, it will show a message that says connected.
Using Telegram Desktop.
The following steps apply to computers running Linux, Windows, and Mac.
- Start up the Telegram app.
- Tap on any of the top three lines to open the menu.
- Pick “Settings” from the menu.
- Click “Connection type” after selecting the “Advanced” option.
- The next option is “Custom/Add proxy.”
- After that, a box will occur where you can choose which proxy server to use.
- Type in the IP address and port number.
- Use your login and secret information for Telegram Web to accept the proxy server.
- At last, click the “Save” button.
To confirm that your proxy is active and online, you will see a “connected” message at the bottom.
A proxy server is an excellent way to hide your device’s IP address, establish secure contact, or get around Telegram’s regional restrictions.
We’ve covered all there is to know about Telegram server proxy servers, from what they are to the steps you take to utilize them.