Video on Demand ( VOD ) is a popular feature on the Twitch live streaming service as it allows fans to view past broadcasts of their favorite streamers when they’re offline.
Since these saved videos expire after a specific time has passed, though, both streamers and viewers often like to download them and either store them locally or upload them to another service such as YouTube for viewing later.
Here are how to download your own Twitch VOD videos and those having a place with different clients.
How to Download Your Own Twitch Videos:
Twitch streamers can download all of their previous broadcasts directly from the Twitch site. It Depends on what sort of account you have, though (i.e., regular user, or Twitch Partner, Twitch Affiliate,), your window for downloading previous broadcasts will vary between 15 to 60 days after the prime stream, After which the video will auto delete itself.
- Enabling Broadcast Auto-Archiving: On the Twitch site, Select Settings after click on the drop-down menu in the top-right corner.
From this page, click on Channel and Videos link and then scroll down to the Channel Settings part. Tap the box for Automatically archive my broadcasts. All of your Coming Broadcast will now save to your profile once they complete.
- Download Your Videos: From the main drop down menu, Tap on Video Manager. It will take you to a library of all of your saved videos of previous broadcasts. Under each video, a thumbnail will be a link that says Download. Click on it to keep the video to your computer.
How to Download Someone Else’s Twitch Videos :
Twitch Leecher is a free program designed specially to download video from Twitch. It is a third-party app, which means that this is in no way endorsed or organised by Twitch, but it is very well designed and boasts a clean interface that makes it straightforward less less frighten when compared to other such program.
The best thing about the Twitch Leecher is that it can download Twitch video made by any users on the network. This program is also up to date on a very regular basis to keep pace with major Twitch updates & This creator is easy to get in touch with via the links within the app should users have any supports request. Here’s how to install Twitch Leecher and start using it to download the Twitch VOD.
- Open the official Twitch Leecher page on GitHub and get the Current available Version of the program. The link will be at the bottom of the latest blog post under the sub heading, Downloads. Choose the program link with the .exe extension.
- Your computer will now respons you to either run the program or saved it. Tap on Run and follow the prompts to install the App on your PC.
- After the installation has Finished, locate Twitch Leecher by opening up your Windows 10 Start Menu and click on the All applicatons icon in the top-left corner (or All Apps in the lower-left for Windows 10 users). Twitch Leecher will be listed at the top of the next menu with other current installed programs (if any). It may also be listed in also alphabetical order
- Click on the Twitch Leecher icon to open the App and then select the Search button in the top of the menu.
- Open up to your regular web Browsers such as Chrome, Edge, or Firefox, and go to the official Twitch Site.
- Search the channel of your selected Twitch streamer either by searching for it in the Click search bar or, if you already follow them, through the left Followed Channels menu.
- On the profile page, selects Videos next to the Twitch channel name.
- search the video you wish to download and right-click on it with your mouse. Select Copy Link if using Edge, Copy Link Location in Firefox, or Copy link address if using Chrome.
- Go back to Twitch Leecher and Select the Urls tab. Copy the video link into the white box by pressing Ctrl and V on your keyboard or right-click your mouse & select Paste. Press Search.
- Your chosen Twitch video will appear with a Download button in its lower-right corner. Select it.
- On this next screen you can pick the resolution size of the video download and where you want the video to save on your computer. You can also give it a custom filename and click start and end points for the video. This last option is super-useful as many Twitch videos can be several hours long and will require a lot of memory if saving the entire clip.
- At Once all of your options are set, Click Download. Your video will soon be available in your chosen file location.