There are many reasons why Instagram is good for business and why it has become such a powerful tool in the world of digital marketing.
Instagram has disrupted the social media marketing industry and is undeniably the most important social media platform to advertise your brand on. Absolutely every major brand has a strong presence on Instagram and there’s a very good reason for this.
But how can Instagram help your business grow in popularity?
Without a doubt, the answer is a resounding yes. However, to get the most out of your Instagram presence it’s important to understand how completing a digital marketing course can help your business grow on this major social media platform. It’s very important to keep in mind that every brand needs a sound digital marketing and an effective Instagram marketing strategy. Therefore, completing a digital marketing course will help your business compete in today’s fast-paced online social media culture.
Why is Instagram so popular?
If your brand doesn’t have an Instagram profile then your business is definitely missing out on a powerful digital marketing opportunity. In fact, with Instagram, the marketing opportunities are almost limitless. Whether your business is a corporate player, or it’s just you, it doesn’t matter, Instagram can boost your brand awareness, attract more website traffic and increase your conversion rate.
But why is Instagram so popular?
Instagram is a very effective social media platform for business, indeed any business, and here’s why:
- Massive, worldwide audience – With over 1 billion active users, Instagram serves up a massive, worldwide audience to you. The marketing opportunities are endless, and the number of users is increasing daily.
- Suits any size business – Whether your business is a one-man show or a massive corporation, Instagram offers the same platform to all and if done right a small business can have just as much impact as a large organisation.
- Be a storyteller – Instagram allows a brand to tell a story and therefore hook their audience to see what happens next in the story and people just love stories. Whether through imagery or video you can tell the incredible story of your business and build brand loyalty.
- Great business-facing tools – Instagram continues to introduce a wide variety of effective business-facing tools and there’s a lot more to come. These tools enable a brand to very effectively tell their story.
- Get visual – Every modern marketer understands that visual posts gain way more traction than text, in fact, visuals are the most engaging content on the internet. Instagram is the best social media platform to get visual on. Visually appealing content, whether images or videos, will undoubtedly grow your brand and in turn, grow your business.
- It’s all relevant – Instagram has a really great algorithm that is programmed to only show content that is relevant to you. Great news, right? No one wants to endlessly scroll through irrelevant content. The modern user wants to only see content that they are interested in. Instagram is one of the best social media platforms that keep content relevant and therefore saves you time sifting through the millions of posts that are posted every day.
- Hashtags make it easier – Using relevant hashtags is the best way of gaining the most traction for your posts on Instagram. Hashtags help users get their content in front of their target audience. Although remember not to overuse hashtags and make sure they are relative to what an audience is searching for.
- Increased engagement – Out of all the social media platforms available today, Instagram has the highest rate of engagement on an average post. In fact, Instagram’s engagement stats outweigh Facebook and Twitter.
- Comments increase engagement – If you comment on people’s posts who are talking about your products or brand, you’ll dramatically increase engagement. So, make it a point to comment on photos and videos and engage.
- Valuable feedback and insights – Digital marketers understand the value of feedback and insights about their brand. Instagram is such a great interactive social media platform that it encourages feedback which gives you valuable insight into your brand, services, and products.
- Check out your competitors – Instagram is a great place to keep an eye on your competitors. Follow their activity and see what works and what doesn’t.